Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Introduction to This Blog

Over 10 years ago, for our 25'th wedding anniversary, Kathy and I flew our Cessna 172 from Chatham, Ontario (where we lived at the time) to the Eastern Caribbean and back.  It was the flight of a lifetime and something that I had dreamed about doing for a very long time.  While Kathy also loves the Caribbean and looked forward to the adventure, she would have preferred to travel by commercial airplane.  It's generally faster, and she throws up less.  Actually...a lot less. But since she knows how much I love flying and she's a real trooper, she agreed to accompany me on this crazy adventure.  And it was.  For over 3 weeks, we had the time of our lives.

I originally chronicled the trip using the Notes feature on Facebook and shared it with a few of my friends and flying buddies in Chatham.  But Notes is passe now and blogging has become more popular.  And since we moved from Chatham to Innisfil in 2013, I have a new circle of friends (mostly from our church, Harvest Bible Chapel in Barrie) and a new group of flying buddies (from Edenvale airport where I now keep the plane), so I wanted to make the story available for them to read as well.

So here's the story of our trip.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment